< Back to Latest News
ACC Sport Schedule — Term 3, Week 8
Please find attached the ACC Sport Schedule for Term 3, Week 8.
This week our Year 9 Basketball team play in the Grand Final against St Bernard’s at MSAC on Tuesday 2 September.
With 13 DLS Teams playing ACC matches last week, we improved our winning strike to 62% with 8 teams recording wins. The highlights from last week were:
* Our 9A Basketball Team maintained their undefeated record last Tuesday and now meet St Bernard’s in the Grand Final this Tuesday September 2nd at MSAC.
* Our Year 7 Hockey Team has finished their regular season undefeated with a 4 — 0 victory last Thursday against the 3rd placed Salesian. With a bye this Thursday, we now wait to find out our grand final opponent in a HOME grand final on Thursday September 11th.
* Our Senior Hockey Team fell agonisingly short in their semi final match last Wednesday, losing to St Bernard’s 3 — 2. Despite dominating general play for most of the match, our forwards just couldn’t manage to find the back of the net often enough. A very brave and determined way to finish an excellent season!
* Our Year 10A Basketball Team was very competitive in their semi final match last Tuesday but couldn’t overcome the strength and class of the premiership favourites Mazenod.
* Our Year 8A Basketball Team recorded another convincing victory against Salesian last Thursday to lock in a grand final berth on Thursday 11 September with still one regular season match remaining.
Term 3 seasons ended last week for the following DLS Teams:
- Senior Hockey finished in 3rd place with 4 wins and 3 losses
- Year 10A Basketball finished in 4th place with 4 wins and 3 losses
- Year 9 Table Tennis finished in 6th place with 2 wins and 5 losses
- Year 9 Hockey finished in 5th place with 3 wins and 4 losses
- Year 9B Basketball finished in 4th place with 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.
Good luck to all teams and their coaches this week and particularly our 9A Basketball Team and Coach DA. Let’s hope that they can win the first Term 3 DLS premiership.
DLS Lightning Premiership Season began in earnest yesterday with our Year 7 Home Room Competition. Whilst the predicted sun couldn’t quite poke through the thick cloud cover, it was perfect conditions for football at TH King Oval. After the Round Robin and semi final stages were completed, the two homerooms left standing to face off in the grand final were 7 Jerome and 7 Roland.
It proved to be a very close and exciting match, with neither team able to open up a lead of any more than 9 points throughout the 30 minute encounter. Despite Roland kicking the last goal of the match, 7 Jerome clung on in the dying seconds to record a memorable 3 point victory. Jaxon Stuart from 7 Jerome was awarded the Jarryd Lyons Medal for Best Player on the Ground in the grand final.
Congratulations to 7 Jerome and Shardul Kaneria — the 2014 Year 7 Lightning Premiership Football Champions!
The season continues this Friday September 5 with the Year 9 Lightning Premiership at TH King Oval followed quickly by the rescheduled Year 8 Lightning Premiership on Monday September 8 at TH King Oval.