DLS Basketball Club
The DLS Basketball Club was established in 1995 by Br Gerry Barrett.
How the club works
Friday night basketball matches take place during the winter and summer season. Our coaches and team managers are drawn from our parent community.
Parent participation in regards to scoring and time keeping is expected to be a shared process. Please also note that the club will accept boys from other schools, and in fact will assist other school teams to join into the club to help increase team involvement at Oakleigh.
The boys in our club enjoy making new friends and the challenges that come with being part of an extra-curricula sports team.
Keeping Up to Date
Team lists and fixtures are posted on the basketball notice board at the College, or you can read all the latest basketball news online.
All games take place at the Oakleigh Recreation Centre off Princes Highway just over Warrigal Rd, Oakleigh. Weekly fixtures are also published on the Oakleigh Recreation Centre website
Registration and Fees
Winter Season 2017 commences Friday 28 April and runs through to the end of Term 3 2017, 22 September.
Games are played on Friday nights only, at the same location each week (Oakleigh Recreation Centre).
- Boys are largely responsible for organising their own teams from among their classmates. It is social and NO TRAINING is undertaken. It is a great way to encourage first time players along to try basketball with friends.
- As per previous years, the fee for ongoing players is $100 per player.
- Students from ANY year level can join the club for a special introductory fee of $75.
- Under 18s are no longer age restricted, as long as they are studying Year 12 they can form a team.
- Age brackets are determined by birth dates. For WINTER season boys must be under the nominal age as at 31/12/2016 e.g. boys aged 15 on this date can play u/16 EVEN though they may have subsequently turned 16 in the early part of 2017 and so on.
Visit DLS Basketball Club website for information on how to register online.
Please note that we use an online team registration, player registration and payment system only. No cash or cheques accepted.
DLS Basketball Club Contacts
A small committee is needed to ensure that the club can be run effectively. Contact Michael Bohan (details below) if you can devote a small amount of time to the operation of the club.
Michael Bohan, President
- Telephone: 0439 172 465
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit DLS Basketball Club website
Learn more about the club and keep up-to-date with fixtures and results by visiting the DLS Basketball Club website. You can also find full details for registration and incentives for new players.