This wellbeing inclusion in Newsprint is in support of parents who may be dealing with specific difficult issues with which they need assistance.
Who’s the boss?
Would you like to reduce the amount of conflict you have with your child? Are you concerned that your child’s behaviour is getting harder to manage?
Inner South Community Health is conducting an eight week program for parents who experience abuse from an adolescent child in their care. The group offers the chance for parents to come together to share their experiences and to develop new ideas for managing their child’s behaviour. The group runs at the Inner South Community Health Service in Prahran on Wednesdays from 7pm‐9pm and began with session 1 last night, however it is not too late to get involved.
More information can be gathered from Mandy Asseraf or Garry Streker on 9525 1300. The cost is $40. Refreshments provided.
MensLine Australia is a professional telephone and online support/information service for Australian men. It offers information on relationships and wellbeing. Take a look at www.mensline.org.au.
Are you a carer who provides unpaid care and support to a family member or friend who has a disability, mental illness or dementia, or who is frail or aged? If you do, you know that caring can be complex and demanding. The Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre Southern Region is part of Alerted Health and aims to assist carers in multiple ways. They are a 24⁄7 service for carers needing information, support and short‐term urgent respite. They can be contacted at 1800 052 222. Info and resources are also available at www.carersouth.org.au and www.respitesouth.org.au.
Gambling affects people from all walks of life and in different ways. There are many avenues where one can access assistance. Some are listed below:
- Gambler’s Help 24⁄7 service — Ph: 1800 858 858
- Gambler’s Help face‐to‐face counselling — Ph: 1800 858 858 for appointment
- Get help with your finances; financial counsellors via Gambler’s Help — Ph: 1800 858 858
- Concerned about a loved one? Info, advice and support offered — Ph: 1800 858 858
- Talk to people like you; supporting one another through same problems in either a group or one‐to‐one — Ph: 1800 858 858
- Under 25? Contact the gambler’s Help Youth Line — 1800 262 376
- Online, immediate help — email or chat live with a counsellor 24⁄7: visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au
- Tools to help yourself: visit www.gamblershelp.com.au
All the best,
Mr Pascal Rohan
Director of Student Wellbeing