St Austin’s House Charity Week
During Week 10 in Term 2, St Austin’s House raised awareness for their House charity, The Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office in Melbourne. Throughout the week the daily prayers focused on reflections for refugees and migrants to Australia.
Other activities for the week included;
- Each morning during Homeroom a video link was used to share with students a recent story or experience of a migrant or refugee to Australia.
- A Detention4Detention was held on Kinnoull campus during a lunchtime.
- A casual clothes day was organised for the whole school with a gold coin donation collected to support the House charity.
- Posters were placed throughout the College promoting awareness for refugees and migrants.
- A BBQ was arranged at Kinnoull with the kind support of Coles Malvern who donated all of the soft drinks.
Throughout the week we were able to raise $1,630.00 that will go directly towards the programs that support migrants and refugees in Melbourne. Thank you to all of the students and staff who supported the week.
Mr Shane Mackintosh
St Austin’s House Coordinator Years 10–12
House Cross Country
After a great House Cross Country week at the end of Term 2, the results were in! In fourth place on 219.2 points, St Marks House. In third place with 223.9 points, St Austin’s House. In second place with a total of 224 points was St Edwin’s House leaving St Leo’s House in first place with a total of 240.9! Congratulations to all the participants, especially those in the Blue Army of St Leo’s.
Mr Michael Wilson
House Sport Coordinator