De La Salle College would like to recognise some fine student achievements at the recent Victorian All Schools Athletics Championships that were held at Doncaster Athletics Track. All six students who represented De La Salle performed amazingly well.
These athletes competed against the best in the state and the results are as follows:
- Sebastian Hadaway ran his personal best in all three of his events, the Under 17 100m, 200m and 400m, making the final in all three and taking out second place in the 400m. Sebastian will now compete in Perth at the Nationals next March.
- Jack Forer made the final in both the under 17 1500m and 800m, running a PB* in both, and a very quick 2:01 in the 800m final.
- Keagan Hillemacher ran in the under 18 800m final, in the fastest 800m race of the championships, ran a PB and finished eighth of 11.
- James Harper threw in the Under 16 discus and javelin, finishing fifth and fourth and achieving PBs in both with throws of 38.85 and 41.72 respectively.
- Andre Di Medio, one of our most experienced athletes, placed first in the U16 Pole Vault with a height of 4:15, a fantastic result.
- Dalton Di Medio (Class of 2018) represented the College in the under 20 pole vault, also placed first with a height of 4:60.
For Sebastian, Jack and Keagan it was their first time at the state level All Schools Athletics, and for De La Salle, going from no track runners last year to three this year, it’s a credit to the participants and we’d love to see more competing next year.
If you see these students around their respective campuses, please congratulate them on their hard work and dedication. It’s an outstanding achievement and we should be very proud.
Special thanks should go to Mr Kevin Mannix who coached and supported these students all the way from the lead up to the actual competition.
Mr Peter Larsen
ACC/House Sports Coordinator
* Personal Best