Founded in 1912, De La Salle is an independent Catholic College for boys in Years 5 – 12. Located on three campuses in Malvern and Malvern East, De La Salle College provides a respectful, encouraging and child safe environment where strong family values are reinforced.
Working at De La Salle College
By working at De La Salle College, you’ll become part of a strong community with a rich history. Teaching staff are supported by an extensive professional development program and there are opportunities for progression within the school. Staff also have the opportunity to participate in our numerous local and international activities and programs.
Our diverse learning community welcomes committed, passionate and inspirational educators who bring a range of life experiences and a belief in their ability to make a difference. Teachers and support staff appointed at De La Salle are expected to fully support the Catholic and Lasallian ethos of the College. Teachers are also expected to be competent users of ICT and actively participate in the College’s co-curricular program. Our teachers share our philosophy. They demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning, innovation in teaching practices and an enthusiasm for integrating technology in the delivery of learning. Teachers must be registered with the VIT.
De La Salle College has a Graduate Program designed to support newly registered teachers enter their profession. Our support program includes:
- Comprehensive Induction Program enables a smooth transition into your exciting new role, covering logistics, culture, ethos and everyday practicalities of life at De La Salle
- Peer Observation –
- opportunities to be observed in class by experienced teachers, detailed feedback, encouragement and advice for improvement
- Opportunities to observe experienced teachers and benefit from their skilled practice
- Professional coaching provided by certified coaches on staff
- Mentors provided – one second/third year teacher and one more experienced teacher
- Option to select professional learning opportunities in nominated areas of growth
- Advice regarding: superannuation, salary packaging, industrial/employment conditions/relations
- Support, advice, guidance, Q & A to build confidence and expertise while you develop skills and self-reliance
- Social gatherings
- Professional support from dedicated Human Resources Manager
- Invitations to join selected committees and Working Groups around curriculum, learning & teaching, wellbeing, sport, music, drama, service, social justice, technology etc
- Support in completing VIT Full Registration process
- Work in an environment which acknowledges and celebrates inclusivity diversity
- Opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drams, social justice, charities
- Cutting edge technology; high-end laptop provided with ongoing professional learning around IT
- De La Salle College is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
De La Salle College is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Teachers looking for emergency teaching work at De La Salle College should submit a letter of request along with their CV and Victorian Institute of Teachers Registration details to:
De La Salle College
1318 High Street
Malvern, Victoria, 3144
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsuccessful, information that you provide the College in your application will be kept confidential and held for up to two months, after which time it will be destroyed.